Thursday, August 13, 2009

To Skater, Eternal Playground, Out Yonder


I can't believe it. Skater has been gone for two years; it's a sad anniversary. After 12 years, one month and 15 days on earth, Skater crossed the Bridge on August 13, 2007.
Today, I am sending Skater a red heart-shaped balloon. I will take it up on a hill, overlooking the vineyards and beautiful peace of this Sonoma Valley, and sending it flying upward to my boy. Attached to it will be "The Plan". He will find it, he will know it's for him and he will share it in a game of balloon volleyball with his friends and doggy family. Till we meet again my precious boy, this is the best I can do. God, I miss you.
A few hours later ... I know you caught your balloon. In that one split second, it vanished from my sight and I felt your presence, your warmth just surrounding me on that sunny hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment