Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Conscious Decision


Yesterday, I made a huge decision, that being to reclaim parts of my life that I had let go and sorely missed.  I didn't actually and consciously decide to let things go but, rather, allowed life to get in the way and, literally, suck up so much time that I felt some unseen pressure to economize my joy.  That choice was one of the worst I've ever made and I'm happy to see its lifetime end.  The picture above represents what I am determined to reclaim.  A crooked photo of a portrait done by Paula many years ago, it so captures the serenity and time I used to allow myself to take pleasure in doing what I loved most.  Paula painted Sarah and me as we sat on the grass after working puppies in training for the ring.  It was a peaceful moment with a tired puppy who was content to simply sit on my lap and let me breathe in her warmth.  We all need moments like that in our lives and, as I've discovered, must do what ever is necessary to be sure that they can happen.

It's been a very strange time for me these last twenty or so months; as much as I would NEVER want to repeat them, they have taught me some valuable lessons.  I'll get into all that in later entries but, for now, just wanted to dip my toes back into the water and simply enjoy being back.  Thanks for everyone's patience - so many of you have been exceptionally kind and I really do appreciate it!  For now, I need to get dogs fed, finish a couple of articles which are nearing deadline and, then, take Bounder over to the polo fields and let him enjoy just being the silly dog that he is.  Again, thank you all. 

1 comment:

  1. Diane, I love the things you’ve written on this blog. They certainly come from your heart and soul. I feel every word you write. Your pain, your joy! “Beneath each days final rest I think back of its existence. For the most part they have been good days. Some better, some not. Of course I want the good days to last forever. I pray they’ll be others like them in the near future. Of course, who likes a bad day? And I try to not to rush any day on to another. I try to make the best of each day given me. Life is too short to waste any kind of given time. So, let us make this day the best day of our life!” And our animals certainly help make our good days, and get us through the bad. Paula’s painting of you and the young shepherd said a lot. It’s a good message for all of us.

    ReplyDelete